We've tried, haven't we?
I really tried to make this work. I willfully ignored all advice. I just had to have you. I love you. And I am willing to forego many things just to keep you here with me.
My parents' blessing. My spiritual growth. Some relationships. That's all fine, as long as I get to make you stay.
We almost broke apart after a few months. I still get surprised at how fast these things happen. So sudden, like a tornado. Havoc out of nowhere. We stuck on though. And now, the cracks in the foundations have deepened once more. And you're jumping ship.
You're now part of me. I can't just let you go. I'd be so lost without you.
I want to tell you to shut up. I don't care if you feel like you're not right for me. It's you I want. Let the world burn. Damn it all to hell.
I've never been happier in my life before. These three years were the happiest ones in my life.
I gave you my heart, and now you're about to toss it. For my own good or whatever.
I'm still not letting you go.

No comments:
Post a Comment