Sunday, October 25, 2009

Leviathan Scorned

My feverish compulsion to split my lungs with blood and thunder is now a thing of the past - I have become the White Whale. Now, I must be wary of that host of rabid coxswains with infected blood and destroyed minds, of which I was formerly part. Blood was nullified, and thunder was subdued.

We were like a pack of wild dogs overflowing with vengeful vitriol relentlessly pacing the tossing waves under the frigid starlight. The death match between fish and man was rendered meaningless, and our score-long struggle ceased.

(She saved me from falling over the endless precipice of absurd existential angst that I all too often wander near under the combined influences of fatigue, caffeine, and the pent-up froth of repulsion at the frivolous side of the human condition. Before her, what ballasted and anchored me was the nostalgia of Old Spice aftershave and tobacco.)

Dark guitar riffs and shreds and furious drumming interspersed with thunder filled my nights of solitude. That cold, hard voice, strong and angry over the raging order of the chaos of music barely restrained and forced into the ridid imposture of rhythm guided me.

To my stupefaction, my consternation to this pleasantly horrifying revelation is surprisingly muted.

Let them come. (No man of the flesh could ever stop me - that much was true...in the sense that the Witch-King of Angmar survived that long while living by the sword.) Those undead hordes fueled by bitterness do not realize that the White Whale and the Holy Grail are two separate things. In their grief and frustrated rage, they deem a barely justifiable rationale for venting their anger a higher bliss than the tender arms of affection.

I have regained my soul from that remorseless emperor and have entered into her light.

You may look into my eye and aim for my crooked brow, but realize that breaking your backs and cracking your oars will not birth true victory. You wish to prevail as men? Withdraw your harpoons from the sky, lest I devour the lot of you alive.


"All who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced; those who oppose you will be as nothing and perish." Isaiah 41:11

No comments:

Post a Comment