Feels like a boulder on my shoulders. I thought this wouldn't get to me. I really did. I told myself not to allow that to do so. But still.
I know I shouldn't listen to her. I know that money isn't everything. But I'd be lying if I said that I don't feel a bit useless. I can feel her scrutiny. No, we don't have a fucking family business. No, we don't own our own goddamned house. No, we don't live in Dasma or Forbes or Ayala Alabang, OK? No, we don't have millions sitting in the fucking bank. We just have enough to get by.
But I really do love your daughter.
And damn. Would it kill you to stop being so conscious of money all the time? I know you're only concerned for your daughter's welfare, but please. How the fuck do you think this is making me feel?
Of course I recognize the importance of money. I know I need to earn a fuckload before I start a family. I know that. I know all of that shit. A man has to make his own way in this world for the sake of himself, as well as his family.
Just give me time. My family isn't an affluent one. But we love each other. We're practically inseperable. Know that while I may not own millions, I will never raise a hand against your daughter. Know that I will never abuse her, never cheat on her, never hurt her. I will always shower her with love and affection. My heart will be hers, and her heart mine. And in time, I will have enough to provide your daughter with everything she needs.
Just be patient with me. I pray that you will see that monetary riches aren't everything. I hope in time, you'll come to accept me. But for now, give me a chance.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment