Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hicky

Today, I saw a picture on Tumblr. It was a man's neck and shoulders covered in hickies. That's when the weight hanging over my head dropped and hit me.

I miss it.

I miss being branded and branding someone else. It's the physical aspect that really drives home. this is why one does not thoughtlessly get physical with just about anybody. Primitive, but deeply visceral.

In the past, seeing those hickies on me was a reminder that I belonged to someone. it was special. A scar of a beautifully intimate moment.

I missed it terribly. I still do.

Maybe I miss the act itself, and not the person with whom I shared it with. Terrible, I know.

Or maybe I miss it because of what it represented - the height of the physical aspect of our relationship, which in itself was a reflection of our love, which had flared so intensely for such a short time.

I'm losing it...

No comments:

Post a Comment